Know these documents intimately
- Essay Drafting Checklist
- Essay Rubric
- Book Marking/Outlining Guidelines
- Plagiarism Guidelines
- Writing Process
How well can you follow detailed instructions?
- 12pt., Times New Roman, 1-inch margins, double-spaced, left-aligned
- All work must be turned in as a hard copy at class time. Anything else is counted as late.
We DON’T do footnotes; we use the MLA documentation style
- Read the Plagiarism Guidelines
- MLA documentation style guide
- Pay particular attention to: In-text Citations and Formatting Quotations
Rubric and Checklist
All essays (excluding reading summaries and journal entries) must include a rubric. A writing process checklist is optional. If you include a checklist filled out completely and in the right way, it will count as 50% of your paper grade, which means it can really give your essay score a boost.
Not. A. Valid. Excuse.
You will always have computers and printers getting in your way when they are supposed to be helping. Showing up with nothing to turn in is unacceptable; have a friend help you out or something. Anything! Just make it happen.